Saturday, May 17, 2008

An amazing story about a local Ypsilanti boy, only 11, who saved his family in harrowing car ride

Just a brilliant and amazing story about Michael Ramsey-Viezaga, an 11 year old Ypsilanti hero, who when thrust into a very scary and dangerous position did what he had to do. His grandmother was driving and had a stroke while doing so, and Michael had to wrest control of the car going the wrong way at times.

Take a few minutes and read his story in the Ann Arbor News HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO for Michael - way to keep a cool head. I think a lot of adults would have struggled with a situation like that.

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

When you consider all he had to contend with, all at once, it's all the more amazing.

Reminds me of the time back in 1944 fighting Hitler in the French countryside, my whole platoon was captured and it was up to me to save them. I had to think fast and have a bold plan of action when I finally decided to--wait, that wasn't me.

Nevermind