Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sounds like the Ugly Mug cafe is going through some changes

First off, they're going to close down for a short period to redecorate and expand their coffee bean roasting abilities. That is one of the unique aspects of the Ugly Mug, fresh home roasted beans. The cafe will close, expand it's roasting capabilities and will shift the smoking section outside under the awning and next to the new outdoor heat-lamps, which will now be year round seating.

The Ugly Mug now provides the coffee used by Arbor Brewing Company for their 'Espresso Love' and Dark Horse Brewing Company's Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock.

The new Ugly Mug is expected to open again April 20th.

4 comments:

glimmertwinfan said...

Good for them. I always wondered why there is no "outside" stuff going on in the winter. I have been to other cities and when it is cold, you can still sit outside with those heaters. I'd do it in a minute. Too bad I gave up coffee several years ago.

I'd sit out there and drink wine or Heini's though...

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

It's real nice to see a local business talking about expanding. I only ever used to stop in and get things to go due to the smokers there (and I'm not hassling THEM per se, just in that small space it was a bit much for a non-smoker). Great coffee, great asiago bagels, I do enjoy that place.

Anonymous said...

These owners are the second ones. It makes good business sense to make this place NON-SMOKING.there are more non-smoking coffee drinkers out there dudes...I have been to formerly smoking allowed restaurants and the owners told me that they are making MORE money now that their business is NON-SMOKING!

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

Not to pick on smokers but it's just more pleasant. I love my in-laws to death but they've smoked for years (he recently quit) but coming home after a long weekend visit your clothes stink, your car seat where you sat in your clothes smells etc...