Friday, September 7, 2007

EMU to bring back heroes of 1987 title squad

Oh BABY. I remember those days SO fondly. It'll date Johnny a bit but I was at every home game and a couple away games that season. EMU was fabulous. Gary Patton saved that entire MAC and California Bowl championship run with one of the most amazing runs in school history. A reversal of field run of 50 plus yards down the EMU sideline with time getting short to win a game. Ron Adams, Mark Ziegler, and head coach Jim Harkema all EMU legends.

A big green and white tip of the cap to these guys. In 1987 I HONESTLY believe that was the one year EMU would have beaten Michigan if they'd played. Michigan suffered through a miserable season that year and just really didn't have that much (for once). I've always believed it and now I've said it.

EMU vs Ball State at Rynearson at Noon-Comcast Local channel 8, WEMU 89.1 FM

A special YCD game day commentary on this tilt on this same bat channel

No comments: