Saturday, January 19, 2008

Late night open thread

Funny how reggae is on Johnny's mind tonight. Walking through the neighborhood tonight to go pick up some grub, he had his iPod on. And Friday on Johnny's iPod is always Clash day. Always has been, always will be. He was listening to the song 'Police on My Back', written by reggae star Eddy Grant and thought what a pitch perfect connection it made to the Andrew Myrick shooting and disappearance.

Well I'm running, police on my back
I've been hiding, police on my back
There was a shooting, police on my back
And the victim, well he won't come back
I been running Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday running
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Saturday Sunday
What have I done?


Time for Ypsilanti, After Dark

No comments: