Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just suppose for a moment you won a 50 million dollar lottery

Yes, we know you'd help out friends and family and lavish them with nice things. At least we hope you'd drop SOME coin on those around you. This however is not the question of the day. What would YOU buy? What is the FIRST store you'd drive to or website you'd go to exercise your giddy self in retail therapy? Would it be a realtor? A car dealer? A jewelry store? A box office for primo tickets to something?

Tell us what you'd buy first. Be Gordon Gekko for a few minutes, "Greed is Good"

5 comments:

glimmertwinfan said...

First thing? Book a vacation - immediately. Probably Italy

Then:
Educate myself on trusts so that I could distribute money to a large number of family members sheltering them so they couldn't blow it all and be back at my door in a year. Call me a control freak. I call it Covering My A$$.

Take care of my parents - set them up in a better winter property in Florida.

New house(s). All in the U.S.

Prepay for my kid's college.

Invest and make it grow.

There would be a lot of charity, but I don't know exactly where it would go right now.

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

I'd go buy a shiny new black or red loaded Cadillac CTS. Second stop is to go get the license plate like Michael Keaton had in 'Night Shift'

IM COOL

Anonymous said...

a tropical desination would be second AFTER going the the Cadillac dearlership to buy my Cadillac XLR convertible..

after that, small details like mutual funds, buying a house and setting up the family...

Anonymous said...

First: I'd pay off my sister's house in Hazel Park so she could get the hell out. No question.

Second: Then I'd buy or build my own house.

Third: New car - something mildly flashy but reliable.

Stella Magdalen said...

A new furnace, new water heater, an excellent electrician and plumber. Oh and central air.
Ten grand a year to each family member and maybe I'd finally marry the old man.